Your resume is the primary pitch for you to advance in your career, helps to find the right job opportunity and showcases person’s education, experience, accomplishments, skills & strengths. They are the key means of advertising your skills & yourself. A well-written resume & cover letter enhances the candidate’s position and endows with chances to be considered for the role that one is vying for.
Here is what is needed while revising your CV:
1. Keep it Brief and Get to the Point – Avoid using long sentences and make crisp points in bullets and numbers. Do not use different colours and try to keep it simple.
2. Career Objective/ Summary – Writing a short and effective summary can catch the eye of the reader & should provide an outline for the reader to follow. It should highlight one’s career objective, competencies and strengths.
3. Education and Learning – Sequentially mention the educational qualifications including all the degrees & certificate courses as well as other professional training that has been completed.
4. Professional Journey- Career history should be placed in reverse chronological order. The strongest and most relevant information should be included so that the hiring managers can get a complete overview of the current experience.
5. Power of Words & Numbers – Mention special projects, quantitative achievements or initiatives that one may have lead or was part of. Also use organizational achievements and highlight them to showcase the candidate’s strengths, domain knowledge and fitment for the job role. This will help in automatic trackers in screening the important keywords and shortlisting resumes.
6. Well-timed Updates – Reflecting the most recent achievements, certifications and trainings, it is essential for your resumes to be up to date before sending it along your application.
7. Personal Details – It is important to mention the current location, candidate’s personal interests and personality in the resume. It is also important to mention hobbies and volunteering activities.
8. Review- Before sending the document with your application, review it for formatting and grammatical errors. Proofreading the document multiple times to avoid typos, grammar mistakes and other small errors. excited/ existing.
Follow these steps and get your resume ready for your amazing job application.